Written on 12/19
So just fyi my blog is gonna shift ways a little. I'll be adding my feelings at the end of each buuut now I am adding a section that I'm gonna just list intros to some awesome stories I'm getting out of my travels. My hope is then in person, over a drink, or maybe just hanging out, I can share some of them with you if you particularly find any of them interesting :)
Stories in chronological order:
-Broken engagement and Sergente Peperimente salsa
-Spending time with CC, 3x marriposas, todos canales (de radio?) TRAAANQUILEE x2
-Day with British mate picking up dodgy rocks and awesome questions from him such as "What do you mean you can't chill? Like ever? Like what about right now?" And my absolute favorite, "When do you reckon protests start anyway?" and notable one liners "man I just wanna slap the chicle right out of their hands"
-My ID card being returned to me in the middle of the dance floor.
-Tinder South America edition, leading to bromance, leading to drunken packing and no sleep resulting in forgetting jacket and wallet
-Trek from Lima to Potosi on 4 hours of sleep in 72 hours (Lima 6am to Arequipa 6 hour layover, 1pm to La Paz 1, 4pm to Sucre get in at 6, 3.5 scary car ride in winding road to Potosi)
-all checked luggage gonna arrive next day? Oh this is a carry on don't worry, Roh Roh this is a tiny ass fucking plane, ready? Go...
Feelings blurb:
I just can't stop smiling, which in many ways doesn't make sense because I have had 4 hours of asleep at night, mixed in with some napping on rides, for past 72 hours and the only thing I've eaten have been an amaaaazing empenada and a shiiiiiittty bread thing they gave out in my first flight. Yet I feel fantastic, in a broken down but alive, hungry but satisfied sort of way. Also I'm having one of those moments where I'm like man, I'm in fucking Bolivia. This feeling of holy shit I'm actually here and doing OK is exactly why I love traveling. I do have to say though I'm also at over 13,000ft of altitude in the highest city in the world (Potosi) so I'm pretty sure that's got me loopy a little too but before about 20min ago when I finally got here this was one of the toughest days of traveling I had ever experienced by far. However I can feel how far I have come since my 6 weeks across Europe. I used to despise these travel days but I love them now cuz I realized I can meet the most random people and get chance to talk to complete strangers on my mode of transportation.
In general my takeaway after 4 days here is I must say I absolutely love the people and culture here. I wish I could transplant the culture to America and keep the "luxuries" we enjoy like Internet and usually not broken houses and nice amenities. But the fact is people are sooooo happy here. What richness they lack in dollars they more than make up for in culture. I general people here are always talking to each other and are so friendly. Like the default is talk to everyone you meet rather than be quiet, in every situation. I've seen complete strangers turn to each other and make a joke of a situation, laugh and suddenly start talking about whatever it is they are talking about and not like for a minute, like they keep talking like they already knew each other. It's so contagious that I eagerly use my broken Spanish to join in the conversation and they love talking to me and never make me feel shitty for my Spanish and it's an amazing feeling to connect in that level.
Aight gonna go pass out and hopefully soon find Internet to actually post this.
No comments:
Post a Comment