Friday, January 2, 2015

Iguazu Falls and Buenos Aires

I'm on my flight out of Buenos Aires to Mexico City and figured it's a good time to write a post.

Summary of the Argentina goes like this:
-Aussie birds "no hab-lo español" to pimping dinner at La Cabrera
-Real roads, real cars, real signs, picnic by the roads, and running by the river
-Rainy falls, alpha whores?, drunken Bostonian x2, loli lol, and javel
-Power outage Alchemy, rotary phones, NP gang goes global
-Russell Brand revolution, stagdoo by the river with mates, shady cambios, BP backbone.

Feeling blurb and new years thought:
I'm already starting to feel homesick. I miss having my bed and a predictable shower. If you've traveled for extended time, I'm sure you agree about the shower thing. I don't necessarily miss work or the routine, but I miss the familiarity I have of San Diego and my friends. I do really really wish it works out that my next travels are with a friend. I don't mind at all traveling alone but I've done now 9 weeks of traveling alone, I wanna try it with a friend.

In my time here, I've met a host of people who are traveling for 5-8 months and I really can't imagine how they do it. I don't think I'm even interested in that type of travel unless it was one or two months where I stayed in just one place and maybe had an apartment. Although 3 weeks is a little short for me, I think ideally I'd want 5-8 week trips. I have realized though that I really love traveling. It's what I want to do every few years for sure. I'd gladly give up a nicer car and a bigger house in exchange for travels.

Also I've had so much time to just hang out with a host of people and also hang out with myself. I think this has really cleared my head. I'm not much of a resolution maker but the new year made me ruminate a bit about my 2014. In the end I really feel like I had a greaaaaat year and have learned a lot about myself and life. Also after really struggling for 4 years since graduation in trying to figure out what I wanna do in my life, during which I took the GREs twice, applied to grad school once, and had a t-shirt business, I finally feel like getting my finance certificate is a step in the right direction to allow me to pivot away from the lab bench where I don't feel my strengths are well utilized. Also I found running and think I'm am finding my voice slowly as an adult. It was definitely a very very hard year for me having to lose the love of my life to learn many of these lessons, I wish that wasn't the price I had to pay to get but I'm certain that the choices I'm making now are the right ones.

I think my "resolution" is that I want to spend 2015 focusing on whatever I find that makes me happy and not care about what anyone else says about it. For now that means I want to get back to the basics of my life and focus on work, running, my finance classes, volunteering as a math and science tutor, hanging out with friends, reading, and playing the guitar. I'm excited for 2015 because I'm certain that I will again find my happy self that has been missing for much of the last 18 months. Maybe it'll take therapy, maybe it'll take some medication, but whatever it takes I know I will figure it out cuz I'm good at figuring things out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment