Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mexico City (Wrap up)

It's 2:50am and I'm on the Greyhound bus from LA coming to SD. I think it's an absolutely appropriate time to write the last chapter of this blog.

Summary of Mexico
-4am roommate strugs, ATM wait and old school "let's meet at the spot", xochimilco boat raging n mini boats selling food, dinner diss, gay bar meh
-6 hour line for anthropology museum Nagana wait, blind garden, singing vendors everywhere except the castle, read a book convo with a Yankee, fancy dinner bro-date, and two gringos studying farsi under one roof
-Ruined pyramids and ruminations, loud whistles, tons of stairs, pictionary with three people about what I do in life, one last ceviche (meh), Korean dinner with a Vietnamese LOCAL (Yeaaaaap), pulque but no mazcal
-down to last $2.50, $1.25 for 3x tacos n best green sauce ever, flight delay n shitty wangs, cold legs no blankets but awesome insisting sweater donating neighbor, journey to Greyhound with Carretus and "Brains"

Feelings blurb:
Carretus put it best man, I'm blessed. It's amazing how many awesome people I've met over the last few weeks and Carretus was definitely up there with all of them. Had a two hour heart to heart from LAX to the Greyhound station together. Like we talked about everything. So random but brother knows how to get it out of you. He couldn't remember my name though so he just called me "Brains" ...lol

But yeah, he put it best, I'm blessed and that's exactly how I feel at the end of this trip. I'm blessed for having the opportunity to see the world (15 countries so far). I'm blessed to have amazing family and friends that I'm learning to trust and depend on. And really, it sounds weird maybe, but I feel blessed that I can feel blessed.

Now it is 3am and technically it's 5am Mexico City time so I'm a little drunk off no asleep buuuut I really do feel like I had a perfect trip and feel so lucky, well blessed I guess, to have had it end with two hours chatting with Carretus who made me realize this.
/Z-out
---

This is the end of my SA travel blog. Can't wait to start a next travel log. Next trip gonna be to Asia. Time to start saving. Thanks for following me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment